Monday 16 September 2013

Butterfly Wishes background

Hi there,

an early post for me today as I wanted to catch the only two rays of sunshine to take my picture!


I made my own background for this card by rubbing pink and purple inks onto white card then I stamped the butterflies (Clearly Besotted) using Versamark. Next I heat embossed with clear embossing powder then covered the whole card with black ink. With a tissue I then rubbed over the card to make the butterflies appear - magic!
It's not as clear as I would like but it is my first attempt.
I followed a tutorial from  Catherine Pooler where she makes everything look so easy!

I hope that my card doesn't look too dark - perhaps my 3D butterflies should have been a lighter colour.
Anyway that's my card for the day thanks for stopping by and a big thank you if you leave a comment!
TTFN

Challenges:
Clearly Besotted Challenge 'Stamp your own background'  ( 7 days left )
Simon Says Stamp blog  'Emboss it'  ( 2 days left )




2 comments:

  1. So pretty!!!!! :)

    Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    XO XO ~ Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very elegant and pretty, the embossing looks fabulous! Thank you very much for playing along in the Clearly Besotted Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there,
thanks for stoppin' by.
I'd love to receive a comment to prove that I'm not talking to myself!
Thanks
Eve x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...